The Private Fracture Clinic
A specialised clinic for foot and ankle injuries run by an experienced Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle surgeon, Dr Rao.
When and where
- This clinic runs each Thursday
- The clinic is located at 12 Mitchell Street, Merewether 2199
- Video consultations available by appointment only
Who is this clinic for?
- Patients with private health insurance.
- Worker’s compensation and compulsory third-party patients.
- Public patients will be seen after direct discussion between Dr Rao and the treating therapist.
- Recent injury under 3 weeks.
- The patient has been assessed at the emergency department or by a general practitioner, physiotherapist, or podiatrist.
- Patient must have a referral.
- Please bring your imaging and the report to your clinic appointment.
- $378.60 to attend clinic.
- Consultation rebate with GP referral.
- If no GP Referral then an additional $78.05 charge applies.
Having difficulty getting a GP referral? Please search “Online GP Australia”.
The Private Fracture Clinic Form
ALTERNATIVE PRIVATE FRACTURE CLINIC FORM IN PDF FORMAT
Alternativley you can download our Private Fracture Clinic Form in PDF format and complete and email us prior to your surgery.
To submit the completed Private Fracture Clinic Form save this file to your device and attach the completed document to an email and send to: Foot@rao.net.au.
Meet Dr Rao
Dr Rao is a Newcastle Orthopaedic surgeon who specialises in all aspects of foot and ankle surgery. He graduated from medicine at the University of Sydney and trained as an orthopaedic surgeon in Newcastle and also in Queensland.
He also undertook further training by way of fellowship with world famous Dr Terry Saxby in Brisbane in 2008. He has also conducted further training by attending numerous courses overseas, in Thailand, the USA and right across Australia.